Strong mental skills help make a well-trained athlete "whole". At Whole Athlete, we recognize that
the mind is as important as the body in a complete training program.
Optimal Mental Training includes:
- Building self-confidence and motivation
- Managing stress, pressure, and disappointment effectively
- Stopping negative self-talk
- Increasing the ability to maintain and regain concentration
- Mentally preparing well for competition
- Improving communication with teammates and coaches
- Setting, resetting, and managing to individual and team goals
- Noticing, avoiding, and recovering from burnout
- Regaining mental fitness after injury
Check out our articles page for additional resources.